Manufacturing the most reliable, yet highly customized products in our industry takes special talent. Southern Manufacturing is proud of the team we’ve assembled to work with our customers and bring their requirements to life. The Southern Manufacturing team is always interested in hearing from talented professionals who bring industry-specific knowledge and fabrication skill to the team.
Below you will find listings of positions for which we are currently seeking qualified candidates. If your experience and education align you with the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
There’s no greater success in business than adding a skilled member to the team. If there are no specific positions available, and you have extensive industry experience, please submit your resume and unique qualifications. When you’re known for excellence you have to be flexible enough to make room for the right people. We look forward to meeting you.
Job Title: Manufacturing Production Planner
Reports To: Planning Manager
Pay Scale Level: N/A – Salaried Exempt
Hours: 7am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday (Hours and days may change to suit Company needs)
- The planner is responsible for planning and managing work orders to meet customer delivery requirements and support the manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare defined job packages which include detailed instructions, CAD drawings and Bill of Materials.
- Review all assigned work orders for completeness of detailed information, materials and resources.
- Coordinate and resolve Sales Order discrepancies with Sales Dept. and/or drawing discrepancies with Engineering Dept.
- Create and maintain, standard and complex mechanical and electrical part methods for various product lines.
- Review manufactured materials and create in-house jobs to satisfy demand.
- Serve as a support liaison between Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing Team.
- Evaluate and process Non-Conformances in a timely fashion.
- Review scrap notifications and create part remakes to satisfy deficiencies.
Skills and Specifications:
- Electrical certifications/ licenses are an asset.
- Able to manage a dynamic workload and time-critical projects in an ever-changing work environment.
- Dependable, focused and detail-oriented team player who is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills are required.
- 4-year degree in a technical field is required or a minimum of five years of proven performance in Mechanical and/or Electrical manufacturing.
- Over 2-years of ERP/ MRP system experience.
- Working experience in the ITS, Traffic and Lighting Control industry is a plus.
- Competent with computer software: MS Office programs, AutoCAD, Draftsight, Solidworks (eDrawings).
- This position is in an office environment where heating and air conditioning is available. May also need to go into the warehouse where protective eye covering and ear plugs are necessary along with exposure to loud noise, extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Requires hand/eye coordination in the sustained use of a keyboard or other office equipment and requiring sitting for extended periods. Occasional lifting, climbing, walking, standing, reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping may be required.